Is it possible to get the current max packet length from the API?
(version 3.4.x)

If not, I'm guessing that I need to look for the jute.maxbuffer system
property and fallback to ZkClientConfig.CLIENT_MAX_PACKET_LENGTH_DEFAULT
if it's not defined.

What I'm trying to do is log a useful error message in Solr if somebody
tries to upload a file that's too big for what's allowed.  The error
that they get currently is not helpful, and figuring out what went wrong
seems to require looking at the server log.

Side note:  I can see in current code (and the 3.5.2 programmer's guide)
that the default max packet length is 4MB, but the administrators guide
(even the 3.5.3 version) still says 1MB.

Thanks,
Shawn