Hi,

That guide is to upgrade to 3.5.0, which was an alpha version. A lot has
changed for the first stable release of 3.5.5 and then a few more, even
rolling upgrade issues have been fixed for 3.5.6.
This is a more up-to-date guide:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/Upgrade+FAQ

If you have done your testing (with prod snapshot!), then you can skip 3.4
latest upgrade, but keep in mind we do our recommendations for a reason.
There were issues reported and/or found during testing. Some are fixed with
3.5.6, some only happens if certain conditions stand (IOException: No
snapshot found - mentioned in the guide, fixed in 3.5.6).

So it is up to you, I would still recommend to do an 3.4 upgrade first, if
it's feasible.

Regards,
Norbert