Hi All,

I have download the zookeeper source code and run the mvn command for
packaging but get problem on "zookeeper-server" directory.

*command :- mvn clean package*

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile
(default-compile) on project zookeeper: Fatal error compiling:
java.lang.NullPointerException -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile
(default-compile) on project zookeeper: Fatal error compiling
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:216)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:108)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:76)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:116)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:361)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:155)
        at
        at
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Fatal error
compiling
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.compiler.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:1140)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.compiler.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:188)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:133)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.CompilerException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.javac.JavaxToolsCompiler.compileInProcess(JavaxToolsCompiler.java:173)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.javac.JavacCompiler.performCompile(JavacCompiler.java:174)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.compiler.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:1129)
        ... 22 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:559)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.api.JavacTaskImpl.doCall(JavacTaskImpl.java:129)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.api.JavacTaskImpl.call(JavacTaskImpl.java:138)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.javac.JavaxToolsCompiler.compileInProcess(JavaxToolsCompiler.java:126)
        ... 24 more
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.model.JavacTypes.getOverriddenMethods(JavacTypes.java:306)
        at com.sun.tools.doclint.Env.setCurrent(Env.java:155)
        at com.sun.tools.doclint.Checker.scan(Checker.java:144)
        at com.sun.tools.doclint.DocLint$2.visitDecl(DocLint.java:285)
        at
com.sun.tools.doclint.DocLint$DeclScanner.visitClass(DocLint.java:359)
        at
com.sun.tools.doclint.DocLint$DeclScanner.visitClass(DocLint.java:346)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.tree.JCTree$JCClassDecl.accept(JCTree.java:720)
        at com.sun.source.util.TreePathScanner.scan(TreePathScanner.java:68)
        at
com.sun.source.util.TreeScanner.scanAndReduce(TreeScanner.java:81)
        at
com.sun.source.util.TreeScanner.visitNewClass(TreeScanner.java:280)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.tree.JCTree$JCNewClass.accept(JCTree.java:1532)
        at com.sun.source.util.TreePathScanner.scan(TreePathScanner.java:68)
        at
com.sun.source.util.TreeScanner.scanAndReduce(TreeScanner.java:81)
        at
com.sun.source.util.TreeScanner.visitVariable(TreeScanner.java:153)
        at
com.sun.tools.doclint.DocLint$DeclScanner.visitVariable(DocLint.java:373)
        at
com.sun.tools.doclint.DocLint$DeclScanner.visitVariable(DocLint.java:346)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.tree.JCTree$JCVariableDecl.accept(JCTree.java:864)
        at com.sun.source.util.TreePathScanner.scan(TreePathScanner.java:68)
        at
com.sun.source.util.TreeScanner.scanAndReduce(TreeScanner.java:81)
        at com.sun.source.util.TreeScanner.scan(TreeScanner.java:91)
        at
com.sun.source.util.TreeScanner.scanAndReduce(TreeScanner.java:99)
        at com.sun.source.util.TreeScanner.visitClass(TreeScanner.java:133)
        at
com.sun.tools.doclint.DocLint$DeclScanner.visitClass(DocLint.java:360)
        at
com.sun.tools.doclint.DocLint$DeclScanner.visitClass(DocLint.java:346)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.tree.JCTree$JCClassDecl.accept(JCTree.java:720)
        at com.sun.source.util.TreePathScanner.scan(TreePathScanner.java:68)
        at com.sun.source.util.TreeScanner.scan(TreeScanner.java:91)
        at
com.sun.source.util.TreeScanner.scanAndReduce(TreeScanner.java:99)
        at
com.sun.source.util.TreeScanner.visitCompilationUnit(TreeScanner.java:120)
        at
com.sun.tools.doclint.DocLint$DeclScanner.visitCompilationUnit(DocLint.java:354)
        at
com.sun.tools.doclint.DocLint$DeclScanner.visitCompilationUnit(DocLint.java:346)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.tree.JCTree$JCCompilationUnit.accept(JCTree.java:550)
        at com.sun.source.util.TreePathScanner.scan(TreePathScanner.java:68)
        at com.sun.tools.doclint.DocLint$3.started(DocLint.java:296)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.api.ClientCodeWrapper$WrappedTaskListener.started(ClientCodeWrapper.java:668)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.api.MultiTaskListener.started(MultiTaskListener.java:103)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.attribute(JavaCompiler.java:1240)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.compile2(JavaCompiler.java:901)
        at
com.sun.tools.javac.main.JavaCompiler.compile(JavaCompiler.java:860)
        at com.sun.tools.javac.main.Main.compile(Main.java:523)
        ... 27 more
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
please read the following articles: