Thanks guys. As I mentioned, the devs tend to do stuff on their laptops
without running multiple instances of ActiveMQ. They basically go to the
ActiveMQ directory, run the activemq.bat file, do some debugging, and then
CTRL+C out of ActiveMQ. If there are any patterns or tricks we could use to
get automatic failover out of a single instance, I would love to know about
it. Could you do something like:

    failover:(tcp://localhost:61616,tcp://remotehost:61616)

Hmmmm ... according to
http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html, you should be
able to. But, will that work with ActiveMQ NMS?

-marc