I'm not clear on what you mean by, "...it was blacklisted while utilizing
the localhost..." Can you clarify this? Do you just mean that when the
broker was listening on localhost that remote clients were not able to
connect?

To my knowledge, there is no specific feature to whitelist or blacklist IP
addresses. This is typically done by a firewall.

The REST documentation you cited [1] includes information about how to
consume messages. What additional information do you need? Please be
specific.

Justin

[1] https://activemq.apache.org/rest