Hey folks,
still using 0.8-ish.
Just now I restarted the buildmaster process, and four of my active builders
became zombies.  They were dead, but the status showed them as half-alive.
All slaves were up and idle, but the four builders were yellow, with no status,
and had no stop button!  Clicking 'force build' happily built and erased
the odd yellow status.

So evidently it's a harmless state due to buildbot not properly flushing
the stopped status of all builds to disk when stopping the master?
This master is still using sqlite in spite of being a big instance
that really should
be using a real database.

Satisfying to have caught it in the act this time (this has happened a
dozen times
before, but in more confusing circumstances).