Dear all,

We are running CloudStack 4.2.0 and all this while we are running on just
one management server. We intend to add another new management server for
redundancy. These are parts of the documentation touching on how to add
another new management server:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.8/management-server/#additional-management-servers
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/administration_guide.html?highlight=management%20server%20load#management-server-load-balancing

- Can I confirm that for multiple management servers, a load balancing
server or device is compulsory? Can multiple management servers still work
without load balancing and still achieve HA?
- What do people normally use to setup the load balancing for the
management servers? Is a server running haproxy sufficient?
- Once the second management server and the load balancer has been setup, I
believe we would need to change the management IP to the VIP (virtual IP)
of the load balancer, what are the things that need to be changed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

-ip-