Tony Collen wrote:
Simon Hutchinson wrote:

This solution works until I try to generate a uri with an illegal character ie a space.
It appears that the request-param is (correctly) decoding the parameter I am passing it but unfortunately this is not the behaviour I require.

Is there any way that I can re-code the parameter before generating it ?
Or can anyone suggest an alternative means of achieving the same end. ie generating html from a remote server.

I think what you need is the RawRequestParameterModule.

See http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=InputModules

Thanks for the suggestion. From the documentation this seems like the correct input module for my issue.
It does allow me to reduce my probelm to a simpler case however.

With the following sitemap match

<map:match pattern="soldoc">
  <map:generate src="{raw-request-param:url}" type="html"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

If I request

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/soldoc?url=http://example.com/foo.html

the html is returned

However even with the "raw-request-param" module specified if I request

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/soldoc?url=http://example.com/fo%20o.html

I get a file not found exception (the file "fo o.html" does exist and I can get it with the plain url http://example.com/fo%20o.html)

Can anyone advise me as to why this might be ?

Thanks

Si