Hi Joerg,

I am afraid it's not working because Cocoon is running on the localhost and wms-server on a virtual host which can't be accessed using localhost or 127.0.0.1. I am planning of adding these "secure" wms-servers into other virtual hosts which each have their own subdomain.domain.net address. To my knowledge, it's the only reasonable way of separate Geoservers datasets from each other so that users will have access only for their own data. On the other hand I need Cocoon for document production and that instance can be common. As far as I know, there is no point of deploying multiple Cocoon on the same host. It just doesn't work. So this seems to be much of a TomCat issue. But I don't know is that user:[EMAIL PROTECTED] approach so bad after all. I just have to make sure that nobody can't access that xsl. Security level demand in this application is quite low.

cheers
mika

Joerg Heinicke kirjoitti:
If I understand it correctly you have two independent web applications in the same Tomcat instance. Couldn't you stay "inside" the secure area so that you don't need to authenticate from Cocoon when accessing the WMS server? I think you can check if the accessed URL was localhost or 127.0.0.1.

Joerg