On 18/02/2013 13:09, Mika M Lehtonen wrote:
Yeah,
I know what you mean. Most of the Xforms sites are dated back to 2002 or 2003.. Sounds like a standard having glorious future behind..

This betterForm still sounded proper for my purposes because it actually implements server-side approache of Xforms. So I could use Xforms definition for producing HTML-forms, if I understood right. It actually resembles a lot of Cforms with a difference that it seems to be under development taking contemporary challenges into account.

"under development" with latest release 4.1 dating 1 year back [1]

But would I still need C3 (or C2.11 / C2.2)?

It depends on you, and on how much effort do you want to put on this task.
Anyway, not necessarily, even though Cocoon will help in you in the XML side if the job.

I would like to get familiar with C3 if I only could figure out how to start.

The biggest problem with C2.11, IMHO, was not having proper development tools to use. I ended up writing files with Notepad++. And I never realized how to do debugging..

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/betterform/files/