On Monday 06 December 2010 01:10:37 pm Clio wrote:
> 06.12.2010 15:44, Greg Madden пишет:
> > On Monday 06 December 2010 06:50:36 am Clio wrote:
> >> Installer says there are not enough space on my Win XP VM, it requires
> >> about 1700MB, even if I unselect almost all components it still says
> >> it's required about 1550MB of free space.
> >
> > Put the file on your host, install from there using whatever
> > networking/file sharing you have setup for your VM
>
> exe file extracted to the folder named "LibreOffice 3.3 (4cf8f8a3)
> Installation Files" via wine (the Host is Linux), then this folder is
> moved to the shared folder on the host, then the setup.exe is run on the
> guest. On guest there is about 950 MB free. I also tried to use network
> drive, there should be enough space given that it requires about 1700
> MB, but the installer doesn't allow me to install on the network drive,
> even if you spicify the path, after click on the "Next" button, a window
> appears where you can select the drive C (guest) or the etwork drive. It
> seems it continues to count free space on the guest drive (not on the
> network drive), but the window with drives is not resonding, you can
> only click on Cancel or OK (don't remember).

Hmm, I tried it and it wants 1728MB to install. this is not right, it does not
use
that much space.  I don't know much about Windows though. I use W2K & NT4 for
legacy support.

My Windows 2K drive is short of space, like your drive. I  installed it on my
Linux host, it only uses 685MB of space.  This method works for Oo 3.2.1, which
was 486 MB installed.

I use Samba and bridged networking for my host/guest setup.

The window with the drives you mentioned is an information only window,  you
change the path to install , elsewhere.
--
Peace,

Greg