On 03/28/2011 02:41 PM, Steve Edmonds wrote:
Hi.
I had this same thing. The document font was arial on both machines. But I found the arial fonts were not the same. I copied the arial font from the first machine to the second machine (deleting and replacing the font) and the layout was then the same.

steve
<snip>

I never heard of that issue. Maybe the TTF vs. OTF fonts would make a difference, but I use TTF for all my fonts if I have it in that format. I do make sure that any of my systems have the same list of fonts installed.

Actually, I remember now that I did see two different "authors" listed in some of my Arial fonts descriptions while viewing them in a font viewer package. Maybe there is "different" Arial fonts but called the same thing. After collecting over 100,000 fonts I have found that most san-serif and serif fonts are so close together, I tend to use/install 1 or 2 san-serif fonts and 1 or 2 serif fonts. The rest are all "specialty fonts".

Also, as another email asked, if there are two different printers in the mix, they could be printing the fonts a little differently if they have built in Arial and it is set to substitute their Arial for the TTF/OTF font.