On 2011-05-30 3:13 PM, planas wrote:
> From what I understand, top posting is generally preferred for
> general business communication. The problem with bottom posting is
> that one must scroll done to see the answer and there is a tendency
> to edit the text, which may be unacceptable in court.

Bullcrap. All you have to do is provide the original *series* of emails,
in successive order, as they were exchanged.

Do you have any idea how trivial it is to edit the contents of an email?

> When viewing edited text one could claim the editing changed the
> meaning of the original if involved in a law suit - a very nasty
> legal issue.

I disagree - proper editing - as long as you don't actually change the
*quoted* text, and only trim out irrelevant and unnecessary text - can
actually make communication *clearer* and more concise, and *less* prone
to confusion, error or misunderstanding.