On 09/11/2011 11:06 AM, Spencer Graves wrote:
> Another example:
>

> 1.  Download
> "http://www.cagreens.org/sclara/resources/flyers/noCreditCd-bookmark20110306.odt";.
>

> 2.  Open in LibreOffice 3.4.3.  Save as MS Word 97 *.doc format.
>

> 3.  Close, then reopen the *.doc version:  When I did this now under
>  Windows 7, this changed the widths of the columns had changed and
> with it the column breaks, etc.  I checked Format -> Page -> Columns:
> *.odt showed from Autowidth with columns = 1.42, space = 0.70;  *.doc
> had columns = 2.13, space = 0.70.  The numbers do not make sense to
> me, but the visual change is clear.  I noticed this problem with an
> earlier version of LibreOffice 3.4 and I think also with Open Office
> 3.3.

I tested as per the above, and indeed LO does save the .doc with
modified column widths. I tested by saveas in LO 3.3.3 and then opened
the .doc with:

LO 3.3.3 (linux)
LO 3.4.3 (linux)
OOo 3.2.1 (go-oo build - Ubuntu linux)
OOo 3.2.0 (Windows)
MSO Word97 (yes I have MSO97 on an VirtuaBox Win2K install)

The worst/more serious issue is that in MSO Word97 blank second column
is inserted/shown. This means that the document renders only 3 populated
columns rather than 4. Screenshot is here:

http://imageshack.us/f/841/screenshotwin2kprorunni.png/

So, you've a valid bug to report. Check to see if one hasn't already
been filed before filing yours. Start a new thread regarding the problem
when you've done that and I'll be glad to contribute/add to the bug
report with my tests/screenshots.