From: Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: MySQL native connector - several databases
retrieved?
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Friday, 20 January, 2012, 15:31

Le 20/01/12 14:35, fmayo a écrit :

Hi François,

> Thanks for the hint, Alex.
> I gave it a try, but this action did not produce any visible effect on
> displayed dbs' (even with closing Base between each
> action on this option).
> Then, the ongoing solution for me is to have two distinct user profiles: one
> accessing to all db and an other one with access
> rights restricted to the targeted db.
> BTW, do you know of some guide, tuto,site or forum related to combined use of
> MySQL + Base ?
> Thanks again for your support in Base area.

Ah ok, wasn't sure anyway whether that option actually did anything, or
maybe I just misunderstood what it was supposed to do ;-)

If you speak/understand French, which I suspect you might from your
name, there are a few out there :

http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=openoffice.org%20base%20et%20mysql&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCkQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openoffice.org%2Ffr%2FDocumentation%2FHow-to%2FBdd%2F05jdbc_mysqlfr-v2.pdf&ei=GIQZT9W5JILrOfGYiZcL&usg=AFQjCNHYrxzDz3noMW0VRrUbEFpbHgDITA&cad=rja

http://www.solix.info/spip/spip.php?article59

http://www.openoffice.org/fr/Documentation/How-to/indexht-base.html

http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Connector_OpenOffice

http://valaurea.free.fr/documents/sig11_ooomysql_1.html

This link below points to the French OOo Base forum, but they will also
field questions about LibreOffice :

http://user.services.openoffice.org/fr/forum/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=c96475dd0faebf7e8ff1926dcfcabae4

The corresponding English OOo Base forums :

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.phtml?f=10

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=4d3f693555f7ca2c615460430117d722

There is also more general stuff on the net about Base in English, not
least the User Guides produced by ODFAuthors and the LibreOffice
Documentation project :

http://www.odfauthors.org/openoffice.org/english/userguide3/db3/dbg3_draft

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/6/68/0108GS3-GettingStartedWithBase.odt

So,yeah, you have to trawl around a bit, but there is stuff out there.

Alex