On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:48:09 +0000, I wrote:

>   Still awaiting news of what other LO users on Mandriva report.

One fellow Mandriva user reports:

  "Decided to logout and then re-login  using every other window manager
available with Mandriva 2010.2.
   The only time that the LO Open/Save option appears is when I load
Gnome!"

So LO is taking real-time steps to avoid showing the option when
detecting use of certain desktops (e.g. KDE) in certain distributions
(e.g. Debian, Mandriva).

Perhaps it has had problems with it in those areas in the past, so
now omits it rather than defaulting it to 'off'.

--
/\/\aurice