From: Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Installing LibreOffice - problem
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Cc: "Tom Davies" <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wednesday, 22 February, 2012, 17:47

On 2012-02-22 7:34 AM, Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 22/2/12, Tanstaafl<tansta...@libertytrek.org>  wrote:
>> On 2012-02-21 4:15 PM, Gregory Forster<glf.libreoff...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> When reading and modifying Microsoft Power Point files  OpenOffice.org
>>> did a considerably better job than LibreOffice 3.4.5 (for business
>>> purposes).

>> Disagree... I have had much better MSO format support in the later
>> versions of Libreoffice than Openoffice ever provided...

> I think Impress and Base need a bit of work but Writer and Calc are
> quite fantastic for this sort of thing. Well, for the most part imo.

Please stay in context Tom - and PLEASE stop top-posting in an inline posted
thread (I expect this admonition to fall on deaf ears because you have already
demonstrated your blatant disregard for respecting the List Posting Guidelines,
and refuse to acknowledge the difference between *blindly* *bottom* posting and
intelligently in-line posting).

The complaint wasn't about general file format support, it was comparing OOo
(prior to LibO splitting off) to subsequent version of LibO.

I maintain my comment that *all* version of LibO have been at least as good,
but mostly much *better* than prior version of OOo...

Charles