Le 31/05/12 14:59, Tom Davies a écrit :

Hi Tom,

> Why can't they just say things like "A LOT faster"??  Why drag in numbers
> that are likely to be proven wrong in certain/all cases?

Well, probably because the cynic in me knows that someone in the AOO
camp released a statement about AOO 3.4 essentially saying that it was
much faster (by a factor of x, y, z) than LO, and both projects seem to
be content to knock each other about at the slightest occasion (sighs in
disbelief). I have personally always hated the spin that this project
has attempted to put on things to make it sound more attractive than the
"competition" - it was the same thing while OOo was ongoing.

Like Andreas, I generally tend to ignore announcements like that and
prefer factual analysis, but how often is software tested and
statistically significant results given ? errmm....

On my Linux box, with less than one Gig of ram and an old 5400 rpm
harddisk, everything is slow !!!! ;-)

On my Macbook, it depends.

So basically, YMMV - your mileage may vary.

Alex