Le 2012-06-22 15:37, Mieszko Kaczmarczyk a écrit :
W dniu 22.06.2012 16:13, Marc Paré pisze:
I had the same problem with my Samsung printer that quit doing
Landscape with my Mageia Linux distro. I found that it was not in fact
a bug with LibreOffice but a problem with the printer driver.

[OT]
There we collect info - IMHO very useful - to not buying Brother &
Samsung. Both companies made advertisement about their drivers for
Linux, but the quality of this drivers is down.

In practice the only HP & Konica (not all models) works with Linux - of
course if selected model support PCL and/or PostScript.

Regards
Mieszko Kaczmarczyk

Actually, I would recommend to check with the OpenPrinting.org project if people are really concerned with printer compatibility, but, on the whole, this is just a recent glitch. I am sure it will be fixed. I suspect it is not really a problem with the actual drivers but with the dependencies that are needed with the SPL drivers.

I usually recommend Samsung as a good choice for printer and my son has a brother printer that worked 'out of the box' without any problems on Linux (it is an older model).

Cheers,

Marc