On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 23:23:35 +0200
Anthony Easthope <antiso...@myopera.com> dijo:

>I was wondering what would be considered the core fonts on Microsoft.
>After  ages fruitless searching I was wondering if anybody could help
>me on what they would consider to be core fonts.
>I backed up my fonts folder from windows 7 before the change to ubuntu
>so I had all of them problem is I can not be bothered installing every
>single one of them!

If you're on Ubuntu there is a package that installs the Microsoft core
fonts. I can't remember the exact name, but a search in Synaptic
package manager should reveal the package name.

You can also install all of your old fonts with a single drag and drop.
Fonts available for a single user can be installed in ~/.fonts*. Just
drag them into the folder.

*Since I gather you are relatively new to Linux, "~/" is shorthand for
the user's home folder. For example, my username is jjj, so ~/
means /home/jjj/.

If you don't have a ~/.fonts folder, just create it. Note the period in
front of the folder. In Linux "dot files" are invisible unless the user
turns on "show invisible files and folders."