Am 30.09.2012 20:57, David S. Crampton wrote:
> Geez, I'm feeling a right dunce on this. You were correct in that my
> architecture is 64-bit. I uninstalled Java and then installed from
> jre-7u7-windows-i586.exe as downloaded from filehippo.
>
> Restarted machine. Still same behavior in Base. Yes in Tools | Options |
> LibreOffice | Java there is only the one registered Java. In Windows Control
> Panel | Programs is listed only 1 entry: "Java 7 update 7"
>
> Should I revert to the java 6?
>
> Thanks for your patience,

You can install as many Java versions as needed to run your
applications, office components, databases, plug-ins and development
projects. Just don't ask me how to install many Javas on Windows.
Yes, Java6 is still maintained to work with tons of software that is not
compatible with the new shit. And yes, it needs to be 32-bit to be used
with this 32-bit office suite.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html