Hi :)
I suspect that "compatible" means that it will work but that gestures and other
stuff may not work fully and reliably.  Does MSO 2007 support gestures?  I
doubt it.  Some may work if the OS can access the relevant controls.  From the
original question i got the impression the person meant more than just working
adequately and really wanted to know if everything was fully integrated and
fully working.  Hence why i said i doubt anything is properly fully Win8
ready.

The separate track-pad looks quite nice.  Not quite my cupp-tea although i like
to play around with things like that for a while sometimes.  When i was working
in an accountancy practice i would have quite like a separate number-pad but
only if it had a Tab key, to jump into the net field without having to reach
for the mouse.  The only ones i have seen are either thousands of pounds or
miss crucial keys such as + and - let alone other useful ones such as Tab.