Jay Lozier wrote

*
> : MS or the software vendor?
>
> IMHO, I think the compatibility definition is caused by MS being
> schizophrenic with the OS and trying to make work on tablets/phones and
> desktops the same way.
>
> Jay

FWIW it wasn't my intention to blame anybody. I had hoped I might be helping
by highlighting what appears to me to be a minor issue with LO3.6 and
Windows 8? I like to think I am more technically astute that the norm,
although now retired I spent over 30 years as a sysprog working with large
IBM mainframe operating systems.

I'm running Windows 8 only because the upgrade price was too good to miss,
other wise I'd have stayed with 7. I'm not using TIFKAM at all (sorry,
TIFKAM - The Interface Formerly Known As Metro) I'm a pure desktop user. I
suspect the vast majority of current Windows 8 users are pretty similar.

I also agree that MS is trying to face two ways at once with Windows 8, the
clunky integration of the desktop into TIFKAM looks to me like a product
rushed to market to prevent MS getting left behind in the rush to tablets.

I appreciate that there will always be a lag on FOSS when the base OS is
upgraded. I asked my original question on here to find out whether this was
a known issue and whether anyone else has seen this (very minor) problem. I
have posted it as a bug though I am still not certain that it's not my
problem after all. My main intention is to help not complain, I'm sorry if
my comment about LO not being Windows 8 ready came across as a complaint.

Thank you all for the help and advice you provide. I wish I were able to
help more but I think my skills are now probably best suited to a museum!