I'm using  LO on Vistax64, printing on a Canon IP2600.

I can't change the paper size successfully when printing from LO. When
trying to print on half-sheets (5.5x8.5 stock), I can set the printer
settings OK, but when I click on Print the LO shows the requested text
printed at  the top left of a full 8.6x11 sheet; and

the printer's pre-print display follows that instead of the settings it had
accepted from me..

(By exporting  the LO file to the PDF file I finally was able to print to
the half size sheets, but it require my setting the printer to "fit to page
printing," which I didn't have to bother with in the last Oracle version.
OOo 3.2.0.)

The LO user guide was no help. Any advice would be appreciated.