I just tried my Canon MG6220 with "User" 5.5" by 8.5" and it worked fine on LO 4.0.0.3. I used Portrait as well.

I tried it with a Ubuntu 64-bit system. I cold fire up my Win7 laptop and try it, but it worked on this Linux system.

On 02/26/2013 04:00 PM, edo1 wrote:
Nah, I rather think after seeing your results that it's just that my ip2600
is too old a printer to be able to talk to LO. As I can work around that,
I'm happy - edo1

steveedmonds wrote
On 2013-02-27 09:24, edo1 wrote:
I figured out my problem with page sizes after we discussed  the problem
here, so I thought I report what I've found.  LO and my Canon IP 2600
printer talk to each other fine in Vista x 64 as long as I choose a paper
size that's registered in LO; LO won't recognize a custom-size page that
create.  For example, LO doesn't recognize my custom "half sheet" of 5.5"
8.5".  The closest I can come is to select the registered A5 sheet (5.83"
8.27").  I have to do this in both LO versions 3 and 4.  While my old
sun/oracle OpenOffice was able to recognize custom sizes and it's a
bother
not to have that convenience in LO, I guess this doesn't rise to the
level
of a bug. - edo1
Hi. I just tried from LO 3.6.3 using page size USER and setting my page
size and it prints ok on a half sheet.
My printer is a Ricoh postscript printer. So may be it is a bug you have.
Steve

deleted