screen-savers  ;-)
           and I thought these had been replaced by that 'hibernation'
option  ;-)

       Suggestion to try - try placing the machine in 'hibernation' when
you leave it for a moment -
          see if this odd phenomenon clears up or continues.

       I've used this option all the time, and have never noticed this odd
phenomenon.

When awaking my computer after the screen saver has been activated, the