On 2013-04-15 7:53 AM, James Knott <james.kn...@rogers.com> wrote:
Dr. R. O Stapf wrote:
My dream is still Thunderbird with calendar, notes, tasks, contacts
which can be synched with iPot and all running on XP machine

I have no idea what iPot is, but with Thunderbird, Lightning and an
add-on called gContactSync , you can sync calendar, tasks and contacts
via a GMail account.  I use tasks every week, when I buy my groceries. I
maintain my list on Google calendar and it appears in the Tasks app on
my phone.  Syncing also works with Seamonkey.  So, no matter what I'm
using, computer, phone or tablet, Linux or Windows, Thunderbird or
Seamonkey, everything is synced.

Unfortunately, Lightning/Google Calendar Sync is totally broken when it comes to interacting with Meeting invitations with other people, so it is not an acceptable solution for anyone who needs to be able to do that.

For personal use, it works great though...

And yes, gContactSync rocks - if you don't mind all of your contacts being 'owned' forever by google...