On 5/5/13 1:11 PM, Tom Davies wrote:

<snip>

LaTex, Inkscape(?), Scribus and others are almost purely about Desktop
> Publishing. You kinda have to know what you are aiming for before you start.
< You probably can "rough it" a bit but it's going to be awkward.

Just my thoughts from what people have written in this thread and from my own
limited experiences.

Inkscape is not a DTP program. It's a vector grahics program, like Corel Draw. You can use it to make an ad for the newspaper, or a one page flyer, but no way do want to try a booklet or something else with it.

Never used LaTex, but isn't it geared more to doing math and science documents where proper formula formatting is important?

<snipping the rest)

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.8.3