Ok thanks. I tried that. It worked.  You need a form with a transparent
background which took a little work with gimp (
http://www.ehow.com/how_8422694_remove-white-gimp.html).  Then I used a
table to place the fields where I wanted them..  So I can see a method to
get this handled.

What would be much easier would be to be able to make the image a
background layer or a watermark (like microsoft), overlay it with a
transparent table and then place the fields to match the form. I wouldn't
have to go the extra step of making the background transparent.  If you
have a lot of fields, it's a lot of clicking.

The other way I could do it is have a blank form, place the fields on a
transparent table for precise locations, then overprint the hardcopy form.
 Then I would have to scan the completed document.  Either way - there are
some extra steps to get what I want, but it can be done.

So... Thanks.

--
Howell Silverman
516-495-9568