Using the form with a transparent background & a table with lots of rows &
columns to place the fields approximately where I wanted them  in writer
worked for me.  It was a bear putting the fields where I wanted them and
the long names writer generates make it difficult to see and place fields
where you want  them if you have a lot of little boxes to "x".  If I spend
enough time with a really complicated form, it will do what I want.

I saw that the cutepdf guys sell a sdk /  library that allows you to define
fields on the pdf form, then send the field data to it and it populates the
form and I presume there is some way to save / print it.  Anyone know of an
open source library to accomplish this ?

--
Howell Silverman
516-495-9568