Alex Thurgood wrote:
Le 21/06/2013 20:46, howellsilverman a écrit :
That is correct. These are forms that are available to me as pdf's without
fillable fields.  Even if the fields were fillable - I want to fill them
from a database.  I'm not the creator of these forms so I have to work
backward from what I receive.

OK, then Girvin's advice about using Draw is probably the best thing, or else invest in a specific PDF converter software that will turn your PDF image form into an editable one.

Alex
Maybe. Except for the OP's comment: "...I want to fill them from a database. " That implies that the OP wants to do something like mailmerge, where database record data fields are inserted into the Draw text blocks. I am not sure Draw supports that. I suppose the Draw image of the pdf form could be inserted into a Writer document as a background (something like a watermark) and then mailmerge type fields could be put on top of the Draw image with frames, but I have never done that. BTW: I have never used mailmerge, so this is all speculation on my part. It is something I would try if I were having the OP's problem.
Girvin