What I would consider a bug is that changing the format of a cell doesn't
change the data.

If I set a cell to be number then even if the text was defined as a text field
using the ' sign I expect that to be stripped out and the field displayed and
function properly as a number.

Just like i consider it a bug that if I select all cells in a spreadsheet and
change the font or the font size I expect the contents of all cells to be
modified to the new settings and it doesn't happen that way.

On Nov 10, 2013, at 6:40 PM, Paul wrote:

> The format of the cell
> doesn't change this behavior, it only changes the *display* of the
> contents, not the interpretation of the contents. At least, as I
> understand it.

Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
Desert Weyr http://www.desertweyr.com/
Paonia, CO USA