Le Tue, 12 Nov 2013 06:57:20 -0700,
John Meyer <johnme...@pueblocomputing.com> a écrit :

> On 11/10/2013 11:46 AM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > As there were some exchanges about the survey here and as I
> > advertised it on this mailing list as well, I thought you might be
> > interested by my initial analysis:
> > http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2013/11/10/users-the-final-frontier/
> >
> > Thank you for your participation!
> >

> 1.  The survey seems to be a Self seLected Opinion Poll (SLOP), so I'm
> taking it with a grain of salt the size of the Sears Tower.  There's
> no margin of error included in the poll either and based upon the
> sample as being from the mailing lists (where people are generally
> active anyway) I'd say it's fairly skewed.
> 2.  The conclusions are generic, wishy-washy and are based on guesses
> and assumptions with no hard underlying data.  How much in
> contributions has LibreOffice raised?  Does that fit in with what the
> survey said? Where is the Quality Assurance in the web site?  And why
> would an end user be interested in that?
> 3.  User support and quality assurance do not require too much time or
> technical knowledge.  Remind me not to hire you for either of those
> tasks in my business.  Those are things that professional companies
> hire entire other companies to do.
>
> I'd give this project an F in a freshman statistics class, and would
> not base any strategy off of this "survey"

Thanks John, I'll take it  from your comment that
 1) you are either a survey professional and you only wait for the next
 survey to contribute your time designing it

and/or

 2) you will contribute the costs of hiring a market research firm the
 next time we need a survey.

Allegedly, I and none of the other people who designed the survey are
professional survey designers.

Best,

--
Charles-H. Schulz