On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 05:23:31 -0800 (PST)
Pedro <pedl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> First, it's not *my* bug. The bug is the software. The software is
> not mine.
Well said, and very true.

> Third, "there is nothing forcing him to work on anything but what he
> wants to" is exactly the problem IMO.
Sure, but it is a problem with no solution. Unless you have blackmail
material, or bribery material (such as, say, a salary), there is very
little you can do to force someone to do something they don't want. The
best would be to come up with better incentives.

> I'm suggesting that a compromise based volunteer model is applied to
> all, not just to developers. Then you might start to see a change and
> a real community ;)
I'm not following; who apart from the developers would you apply this
to? To what end?