Hi There,

I've researched and experimented with this, and I'm out of ideas.

For starters: LibréOffice 3.5.7.2, Build ID: 350m1 (Build: 2)

Before anybody suggests a newer version: I'm currently on Ubuntu
10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx), so I'm stuck with it.  (Even my much newer
Linux Mint desktop install at work is still 3.x, I believe.)

I have a database with a couple tables, as in

create table hdwr_assets (
  atag           text primary key,
  serno          text unique,
  status_id      int references hdwr_status,
  .
  .
  .
);

-- e.g.: "deployed", "in stock"
create table hdwr_status (
  status_id serial  primary key,
  descr     text    not null,
);

The plan was to create a form that could query and alter hardware
assets, selecting values for status_id from a drop-down list, the
available selection being from the hardware status table.

Near as I can tell: The Forms Wizard simply isn't that smart?

Interestingly: A Query created in Design View DTRT, wrt FK
references, but I can't persuade the Forms Wizard to do so.  In fact:
FK references in the Forms Wizard appear to be thoroughly broken--at
least in the version of LO I have?

Is there any way to accomplish what I want, or am I going to have to
resort to Real Coding (Java, HTML+PHP+JS or whatever)?

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is