The problem with mixing direct formatting and styles is that you
usually discover you should have used styles after the document is
done and you need to make changes. Our ability to foresee the future
is often very limited.I often get asked by someone how to fix
something in a long (e.g. 600 page) document without having to crawl
through the entire document page by page. My answer is that I can help
you not have this problem in the future, but for now it is going to be
tricky if not impossible.

Regards,

Kevin B. O'Brien
zwiln...@gmail.com