"But I am getting more comfortable with using R itself to answer these..."

Excuse my ignorance - What is R?

This particular Thread has provided amazing details on the limitations of
Libre Office Calc, tips, hints, and workarounds- except do not know what is
R. I apologize in advance for not offering a solution. Jackie