I see these arguments in my emails, and peruse some, but generally once I
have the gist of things, I press delete! But it does not put me off, trying
to sell the idea of free, to my customers, and say there is lots of support
out there etc.

When I say sell the idea, I mean compare the the well known version, and
libre... Usually quoting "Spanish for freeeeeeeeeee" yes big emphasis on
freeeeeeeeee

I see the same on the other forums as we'll, ie gimp, Inkscape etc, and it
disheartens me that someone has to upset the applecart.

Recently I made an error, in not reading what was on my screen with libre,
but the support I got was great, and positive feedback for all involved

But I guess the with  a price for freeeeee means that someone will try and
take advantage

Phil