On 05/19/2014 06:24 AM, muhali wrote:
The purpose is to "clone" an entire document into an empty new document.

To do so, I would select the document and paste the selection into the new
document, then load the style definitions from the original document (via
F11 - Load Styles..., all styles and Overwrite).

This reproduces everything except the outline numbering. What am I missing?

I use outline numbering a lot with LO and it's always giving me fits. Just when I think I understand it, it throws me another curve.

I believe the outline numbering is controlled by the settings in the Template being used when you open an empty new document. I don't think it is controlled by paragraph styles.

At any rate, the easiest way I know to clone a document is to save it with a new name, using the "File/Save As" command. Then the original version will have the original name, and the cloned document will have a new name. I think everything should be properly reproduced then.

Virgil