On 1/28/2016 8:24 AM, Philip Rhoades <p...@pricom.com.au> wrote:
> Tanstaafl,

Please don't email me personally, I am a list member, and certainly
don't need to see TWO of your ridiculous rants.

> On 2016-01-28 00:02, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> On 1/27/2016 7:20 AM, Philip Rhoades <p...@pricom.com.au> wrote:
>>> You continue to misunderstand (I am not surprised) . . I am NOT
>>> defending my "beliefs" I am saying clearly that a technical list
>>> is NOT a place for proselytising on superstitions or politics or
>>> anything else that does not have something to do with what the
>>> list if for.

>> What you are doing is attacking,

> You call it "attacking", I call it pointing out logical, childish errors
> of thinking.

You call it 'pointing out logical, childish errors', which is just
megalomaniacal, condescending and insulting gobbledy-speak for 'I am
your superior, bow down and worship me, little children, as I am
all-knowing'.

>> even insulting people who believe differently from you by calling
>> their belief system 'superstition', rather than the normal term,
>> 'religion'.

> What is the difference?

One is extremely disrespectful and condescending, the other is not.

>> Atheism is just as much a 'superstition' - per your meaning - as any
>> other religion.

> Clueless

Please stop calling yourself names... it is embarrassing to watch.

> . . how can not being convinced- about an argument that has no
> evidence to support it

That is not the definition of an atheist, nor is it what you are claiming.

> - be construed as a superstition?  You need a dictionary too . .

Again, talking to yourself... tisk, tisk...

You - and atheists - claim that 'there is no god'. That is much
different than saying 'I do not see enough evidence to support the
claim, therefore I choose not to 'believe'.' That is an agnostic.

So... who needs a dictionary?

*If* your argument was on point, you would be correct, but since all you
rebutted was a strawman, it is not that I need a dictionary, what is
needed is for you to gain a few ounces of humility and respect for others.

>> Atheists simply choose to have 'faith' in the belief

> Clueless . . see above . .

Strawman, see above...

>> that everything in the world today is just there by some random
>> accident of nature.

> Which, until some evidence is provided to the contrary, is more logical
> and rational than believing in sky fairies . .

More condescending and insulting strawman-speak - I haven't seen anyone
other than you say anything about sky fairies...

That said, there are many non-religious scientists who are profoundly
interested in just how amazing and - 'miraculous' - life is. Maybe it is
all just one big happy accident... and maybe it isn't. But I'll ask you...

Who the F are you to tell someone else which one it is?

> Get a life . . and some lessons in English, logic and rational thinking
> while you are at it . .

Again, it is really embarrassing watching you talk to yourself like
this. Maybe you should see someone...

Ok, I'm done, you are now PLONKED, so respond away if you feel you must
get the past word, I won't see it, so I'm sure it'll give a big fuzzy
wet-n-warm one...