Andrew,

Thanks for the note.  I actually do software development (Java right
now) and enjoy reading documentation (no, not crazy - I've been tested).
But when I read a document called "Getting Started With Macros", I
reasonably expect it to cover the basics of how to create a macro from
scratch - like I would with a VB program (did that for 6 years).  I was
disappointed to see that it was about using the macro recorder, which
will not work for me.

I get that the authors are volunteers, and that generally the do a
fantastic job.  However, in this area, not so much.

I've decided that in the short term Calc (and Base) will not fit my
needs (documentation, support concerns) and will move the data to
Excel/Access.  Not what I wan to do, and not what LO community should
like, but it seems like the best course of action for this project.

Dave,

--
  dave boland
  dbola...@fastmail.fm