Dave Boland wrote:

>I read the documentation, but it says user created macros are beyond the
scope of the documentation. REALLY!

Macros, as described in books such as _Six Sigma Statistics with Excel
and Minitab_ by Issa Bass (ISBN 0-07-154268-X) or _Spreadsheet Modelling
in Corporate Finance_ by Craig W Holden, is a somewhat specialized topic.

With LibO, one can legitimately treat books such as _Automated Data
Collection with R_ by Simon Munzert et al (ISBN 9781118834817) as the
extended documentation for LibO, precisely  because one can use R as the
preferred macro language for LibO.

On second thoughts, Munzert's book isn't an appropriate example, because
it is about web scraping.  On the gripping hand, extensions such as SMF
are, for all practical purposes, webscrapers.

Point is, with LibO, if you think that APL is the perfect macro
programming language, go for it.

>  What the heck is the documentation for then?

For people to learn what functionality is available.

Should the documentation team be creating the LibreOffice equivalent of
_Credit Risk Modeling using Excel_ by Gunter Loeffler, or _Quantitative
Models for Performance Evaluastions and Benchmarking_ by Joe Zhu?

Or would it be more suitable for the team to leave an individual or
organization to pursue the goal of "Transform finance education to be
based on LibreOffice"?
(Slogan is a deliberate misquote of Craig Holden's organization
SpreadSheet Modelling.
(Now wondering if he'd put an individual who created all of the
spreadsheets in _Excel Modelling in Corporate Finance_ using
LibreOffice, on his Honour Roll.))

jonathon