Hi Sigrid

Which weights are missing. If it is the bold and italic versions of
the fonts then there is really nothing to fix because the get mapped to the
bold/italic buttons of their respective "regular" font.

For example if you install Work Sans
https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Work+Sans

You will se a lot of weights of the font like Work Sans Black, Work Sans
Thin etc. However you will not see any Work Sans Bold in the list of fonts
but if you use the font called Work Sans and press the bold button
LibreOffice will automatically use the Work Sans Bold font. One way to
check this out is to export to pdf and then inspect the fonts that is in
use.

If other weights than bold and italic are missing then it would be
interesting to dig deeper into why they are not available.

/Niklas