El 2016-10-15 13:30, Julian Brooks escribiĆ³:
Hi all,

With a huge nod of appreciation to Virgil, I've managed to start building a
thesis template. This I'll push to the list when done.

I have another question though:

In my large Master doc I've now got margins for the text chapters that I really like. Unfortunately this really doesn't look good for the ToC, which is now way too squished (there's also a couple of the appendices that are
now borked).

How can I edit certain pages so they can have minimal margins. Something
like the title page but can't use the title page as that ruins the page

Also is there weird rules with it being the ToC? I don't want to finalise
the ToC (ie make a copy) as it's still in flux.

So change the page margins whilst keeping the flexibility that makes the
ToC so good in the first place? Then I'll move onto the appendices:)

Regards to all,

Just use a different page style for the TOC part. Because your text is already in place, first insert a page break after the TOC and only then change the page style used on the first pages: the page break will prevent the style change from spreading to the whole document.

Il mio blog in italiano: https://ilpinguinoscrittore.wordpress.com/
Mi blog en espaƱol: https://elpinguinotolkiano.wordpress.com/