Thanks Virgil, look forward to reading the doc.

After some more investigation I think much of my woe stemmed from having
the 'no manual editing' tickbox selected in the ToC (the ol' user-error
issue eh:).

Still having some issues with appendices though, so appreciate your
assistance.

Regards,

Julian