Hi Henri,

> Surprised to hear that the Ubuntu respositories don't provide a complete LO
> package - I install via the PPA on my Linux Mint machine, which is an
> Ubuntu fork, and get everything, including Math and Base. What gives ?...

Every Linux-distribution does allow to install only parts of LO. There
are different packages for Writer, Clac, Base ... If you choose only the
Writer-packages only the packages of LO will be installed, which are
necessary for Writer. By default in most systems the whole LO-packages
will be installed.

But: It doesn't make any difference for an old system. Writer will run
the same speed - if Base, Calc, Draw and whatever will be installed or
not. So if you haven't enough free disk space it will be a good idea to
choose only the parts of LO you need.

Regards

Robert