Hi *,

have tested this kind of migration:

Downloaded the daily build of 2018-04-11,  6.1.0.0.alpha0+
Opened the database, which is part of the Base Handbook:
"Media_without_Macros".
No comment like "Internal HSQLB" apperas at the bottom of the window.
Tried to open the tablecontainer.
No table apperas, but after some time the following message:

Connection to datasource "Media_without_Macros" couldn't be established.

firebird_sdbc error:
*Dynamic SQL Error
*SQL error code = -104
*Token unknown - line 1, column 163
*BLOB
caused by
'isc_dsql_prepare'

I haven't set the experimental features to "yes". I wasn't asked if I
want to change the database from HSQLDB to Firebird.

Base should never be a playground for such a function. People will loos
their data and will never again use LO after starting one database with
this automatic.

1. An automatic migration should never be installed from a working
internal database to a database, which is an "experimental feature"
(Firebird) - and never means: also never with a daily build.
2. A migration should only be offered, never automatically, when
internal Firebird database has been activated.
3. The migration should create a new database with the migrated content,
not overwrite the old database.

Regards

Robert