Good evening
In my line of work (translator) I often forced to use MS Office files.
Right now I am working with an Excel worksheet.
I am not allowed to change file name, format or anything else am only supposed to enter
the German translation of a Japanese text into the designated columns.

Fine so far.
The original file is so formatted that there are font settings for English and Japanese. When I work at home (right now) I select the relevant columns and change the language setting to German. But when I go to my little work place and open the same file there, the language in those columns is back to English. I changed it in my office to German again, but once I am home and start working here, it is back to English again.

Is there a way to tell Excel files to use a specific language AND STAY THAT WAY?

It would reduce unnecessary stress significantly.

Thank you.
Thomas