SoGE 8.1.8

I'm using consumables h_vmem, s_vmem and slots and have rqs's to manage
these. I've noticed sometimes that a user's jobs will sit in the queue even
though their qquota output shows they haven't hit their limits, and "qstat
-F h_vmem,s_vmem,slots" shows one or more nodes with enough resources
available to run one or more of the queued-and-waiting jobs.

Tonight I tried modifying the queue on some qw'ed jobs using qalter. The
default queue is all.q, and first when I did 'qalter -q all.q <jobid>', the
waiting job starting running right away. I tried on some more waiting jobs
a host that was reporting sufficient resources via qstat -F. The job ran
immediately. This worked for a few more jobs until resources were truly

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on or how to continue
debugging? Thanks.

users mailing list