Am 19.10.2016 um 21:30 schrieb Michael Stauffer:

> Thanks Reuti, Skylar,
>
> Turns out it was a false alarm, sorry. The user hadn't told me they'd
> submitted to a different queue

Maybe it would be good to tell the user not to submit into a queue at all but
request resources and SGE will select an appropriate queue for the job.

> and I hadn't looked carefully enough to notice that. So now I'm not sure
> about the couple other times I've seen this in the past, it might have been
> something like that.
>
> Skylar thanks for the qstat -w tip, I'll use that in the future.
>
> Reuti, if I were to adjust the setup not to use RQS, how would I limit users'
> resource usage?

It was only suggested as a test. I saw situations where a combinations of
consumables and limits in RQS blocks the scheduling completely and showing
something like "... offers only (-l none)."

In case you have to limit the usage per user you have to use them for sure.

-- Reuti